Monday, May 23, 2022

Life Givers

Carol and I are superior pet lovers because we recognize them as so much more than animals. 

I was reading this morning in peace and contentment when Emmy Lou and Patsy went on an insane and highly entertaining rampage.

They do this a lot. They are young. They race around this house at faster miles an hour, chasing each other, jumping onto counters, couches, chairs, running up and down the stairs, onto the bed, back down the stairs - it is so much fun to watch.

They own us. They own this house.

Our relationship is so deep and so personal and so loving that it interrupts the space-time continuum.

Pets have souls, they have minds, they have personalities.

The personality thing blows me away. What is personality? Where does it come from? In humans, in animals - I am fascinated by personality.

Partly because I don't have one. I   am   an   automaton.   I   do   what   I   am   told.

Most pet lovers feel the same thing about their relationship with their pets. I believe some of them but not all of them.

Emmy Lou and Patsy have been in this house since September 2021. They are 100% comfortable here; they are 100% comfortable with us, we are 100% comfortable with them.

When they are in my lap:

The sludge in my aorta blasts away.

My liver regenerates.

My kidneys stand up and dance.

Brain cells come back alive.

Precious cats so full of love and fun.

Life givers.

No comments:

Post a Comment