Sunday, August 25, 2024

Collecting Things I Don't Want

A walker, a cane, a shower seat, a raised toilet seat.

I don't want these things in my house, but I got 'em all. I fought the toilet riser the hardest - just bought it a couple of days ago. 

It fucking hurts to sit - I don't know why I waited so long. The only chair I can sit in is the recliner. If I sit on a kitchen chair or my office chair - PAIN! And this is almost 4 weeks since surgery. So the toilet hurts.

These things are temporary and I will get them out of my life asap. Fucking throw them out the front door and light them on fire.

But they are a warning. An ominous sign of things to come.

80 scares me. It seems to be the age when people just fall apart. I'm hoping to do better than that. 85 would be good, 90 would be better. But you never fucking know.

Walkers, canes, shower seats, toilet risers - they suck. They reek of death. They might as well be embossed with a profile of the Grim Reaper. They scream out "You are going to die soon. And before then you will be humiliated, weakened, embarrassed, and mocked."

It is strange that a knee replacement, which was done to make my life better, is accompanied by all of these Grim Reaper aids.

I don't fucking like it. And I don't want to deal with them for another fifteen years.

I gotta go. I gotta take a look at the toilet riser - I've had it for two days and haven't installed it yet. But it is definitely go time.

I just had another painful bathroom visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment