Saturday, August 17, 2024

Taking Care of The Kid

Home alone today. Carol's taking care of The Kid. Gone from 8 to 5.

Just watched and listened to Metalllica on Howard Stern. They talked, they played.

Their music hijacks my spirit and takes me soaring. I laughed a bit as they talked, felt reflective during Nothing Else Matters, intense during Enter Sandman. Emotions fired up and leaning towards defiance.

Immediately after that I listened to James Taylor with Howard. JT is such an unassuming yet intensely empathetic man. Beautiful, human lyrics. Tears in my eyes as my heart swelled up to fill my entire chest cavity.

I love the intensity of my emotions, the breath-taking roller coaster ride that in the space of a heartbeat careens from joy to defiance to empathy.

I love that about myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment