Saturday, August 31, 2024

It's Labor Day Weekend Already?

I have been listening to people say that for 68 years.

When I was 1 year old I was exceptionally happy. The world was entralling and people were entertaining. I was not yet fully formed. By the age of two I was more discriminating. I was clever. I realized the world was corrupt and deceitful. I realized that people were boring more than entertaining and that they leaned on cliches more than intelligence. Happy to say the same things in the same situations every single fucking time.

Like "I can't believe it's Labor Day weekend already!"

Summer goes by in the blink of an eye every year. Because you are happy in summertime and sad to see it end. You know it. You see it coming. So knock it off with this phony "It's Labor Day weekend already?"

But...............................I have to say it myself this year. I can't believe this is Labor Day weekend.

August was stolen from me. An underhanded thief ripped my natural knee out of me and took August with it. And now that I am a knee replacement pro, I realize I'm probably going to lose a healthy chunk of September too.

It's an odd feeling. Spending every day inflicting pain and discomfort on myself while the world rockets by without even bothering to look in my window.

What I am doing is good. It's right. I am proud of my progress - I am attacking this challenge like a pig-donkey.

But summer is summer. When you lose it, you lose free and easy.

I intend to make up for it in the fall. Live music, beautiful burgers, cold beer, Crown Royal, getting out, getting about, laughing with family, laughing with friends, grabbing up handfuls of fun for Carol and me.

It's ok.

I'll be all right.

No comments:

Post a Comment