Thursday, August 15, 2024

The Intrigue of Fatigue

I am an emotional man.

I get emotional about being emotional. This knee thing is exacerbating the whole deal.

Because...........................

I am always tired. Virtually exhausted. I already slept like shit before sugery; since surgery I sleep even less.

This is common. I'm plugged in to a few knee replacement pages on facebook. Everybody says fatigue hangs in there tenaciously. No one sleeps well. Not sure what it is. I don't feel any pain at the end of the day, I do not wake up in pain. But I do wake up - much earlier than I would like to. Maybe the trauma scars the brain.

I never get more than 4 hours sleep, sometimes just 3.

Then there's the pain. It does not hurt all day long. In fact it hurts when I exercise and when I walk, but when I'm chillin' I get little pain. Except the occasional bolt of pain, which comes out of nowhere a few times a day and gets my attention.

So I'm tired, and there is pain. Which makes it even harder to control my emotions.

Craig sent me an awesome picture of Jackson - I laughed, then I cried. What? 

That's one example. Other crying events have happened.

I am also short of temper and patience.

And still.................Carol hangs around.

My tough guy image is being compromised. I can't intimidate anyone with tears.

Scouting New Careers: When I get through this thing, by way of compensation, I intend to launch my MMA career.

Can't talk right now, I gotta go to the bathroom.

And I'm already crying just thinking about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment