Thursday, August 8, 2024

I'm Digging Bergamot

 Took a shower yesterday.

First time in 8 days. It was a magnificent experience. Sitting on my little shower stool like the King of the World. Saran wrap circling the new knee - taped and secure - in about 4 layers to keep the bandage dry.

Thank god for Carol. She wrapped that knee like a pro. If I did it, it would be flapping in the breeze. AND she put those stupid T.E.D. socks on after the shower - designed to prevent blood clots. So unfashionable.

And tight. Putting those suckers on is brutal. Carol got it done without ripping my new knee apart.

So I was fresh and clean .

Put on a brand new Allman Brothers t-shirt. Bought it on purpose. Because I NEED it.

I am trapped here. Can't leave the house. My day is walking, exercising, icing, falling asleep, then repeating the cycle as many times as possible. I am sick of it already.

I need to feel alive. I need to be me. This t-shirt makes me very happy.

And bergamot.

Wasn't quite done with the stick of Old Spice deoderant I've been using, but I had a brand new one waiting in the wings. "Scented with bergamot." What the fuck is bergamot? No clue. I bought it on a whim. Pretty radical, huh?

Threw the old stick away and applied bergamot. WOW! This stuff smells great.

So I am fresh and clean, wearing a brand new Allman Brothers t-shirt, and sporting deodorant that smells absolutely delightful.

I may still be hobbled with nowhere to go, but things are definitely looking better.

Don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment