Friday, August 30, 2024

This Is Love

 Had physical therapy this afternoon.

Felt good afterwards (they have the greatest ice machine in therapy) so I went to Market Basket with Carol. She's still driving me - I haven't gotten there yet.

First time doing a normal human thing. I went inside with her and picked out the beer I wanted, then went back out to the car while Carol shopped. I'm not up to racing around MB quite yet. Besides, it's a gorgeous day today.

Sitting there people watching.

An elderly couple (80's ?) came out and went to their car. The husband backed the car half way out of the space as his wife stood by the passenger side. He got out, walked around to her side, and reached inside to grab a small plastic stool. He helped her get into the car, placing the stool so she could use it to step up. He anchored the stool with his foot.

He wrapped the seat belt around her, gently closed the car door, and placed the stool in the back. Walked back around to the driver's side and they drove away.

I was deeply moved.

No comments:

Post a Comment