Monday, August 5, 2024

Why Not Indeed

 I've been toying with the idea of talking about how frustrating it is sitting here with this fucking knee, watching healthy bodies doing healthy body things at the Olympics.

Ultimately I realized how stupid that is.

There are so many stories of athletes at the Olympics overcoming physical obstacles, emotional and psychological problems. Challenges with poverty, tragedy, illness - for themselves or their families.

And they shine! They win! They give more than their bodies have to offer, and fuel the deficit with heart and soul.

I'm taking in all the fuel I can to get me through this knee thing. I know you doubt me when I get defiant - I am the ultimate Boy Who Cried Wolf.

But I am taking in fuel. Just read a book on The PATS. Fuel. Watching the Olympics. Fuel.

Got a lot of time on my hands. Time to learn.

Anyway, the Olympics rock. The athletes are Gods. And inspirations.

"What you have does not define what you can become.

Why Not You!"


No comments:

Post a Comment