Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Foggy Early Morning Thoughts

In this blog I have written about Gary Sinise, who does extraordinary things for disabled American veterans.
I have written about vets coming back from Iraq and Afghanistan and the extraordinary things they do in politics, in business, in any walk of life because they are extraordinarily qualified to do whatever they want to do.
I have written about family members who are fighting disease with bravery and a resilient positive attitude.
I have written about family members who are dealing in amazing strength with horrific issues regarding a son that tear their hearts and their family apart.
These are the things I can look to, and many more, when I whine.
And as much as I would like to think that I am the only human being who is petty, I know, based on the millions of meaningless conversations I have been sucked into in my life, that I am not.
Human beings are petty.
I don't understand it.
How is it that we take this thing called life - which is a precious gift, an unknown and unknowable thing, a mystery relative to origin and ending, and piss it away with complaints and backstabbing and agendas and pettiness.
We live as if we will never die.
You have to keep focusing on the inspiring things to keep your perspective. And they are all around you. You can read about them, you can see them on TV, in movies, in life.
Most important you can see them in your own family.
We are all touched by suffering or tragedy in some way. Like time bombs going off all around us. Things happen to people you are related to or know or they happen to you.
Ideally you need to grab control of your life and steer it down your own road, although few of us do that, but even if you are lucky enough to pull that off, things still happen to you and around you that you have no control of.
You have to deal with these things or learn from how others deal with these things.
Because this is the real stuff of life.
These are the weapons you need to fight pettiness.
I don't understand myself and absolutely do not understand other human beings and I am blown away by our casual approach to life.
The mountains we make out of molehills and the real mountains we ignore.
I woke up with these thoughts in my tiny brain just a few short minutes ago and had to get them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment