Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Phyllis Diller

Alright I gotta lighten things up here.

Phylis Diller was a hell of a broad. She was a broad in the old fashioned best sense of the word.
The old guard is thin and fading away. People my parents dug. Amazing that some are still around.
She was a pioneer for women in comedy and show biz.
And what a laugh. Heaven just got noisier.

Some of her quotes:

"Whatever you look like, marry a man your own age - as your beauty fades, so will his eyesight."

"There's a new medical crisis. Doctors are reporting that many men are having allergic reactions to latex condoms. They say they cause severe swelling. So what's the problem?"

"Housework can't kill you, but why take a chance" Which reminds me of my very cool Aunt Lydia who had a poster prominently displayed in her house that said "F**K Housework. She too was and is still ahead of her time.

"Health - what my friends are always drinking to before they fall down."

"The reason women don't play football is because eleven of them would never wear the same outfit in public."

"My mother-in-law had a pain beneath her left breast. Turned out to be a trick knee."

"Burt Reynolds once asked me out. I was in his room."

No comments:

Post a Comment