Saturday, August 4, 2012

Jenna Jameson and Clint Eastwood

Jenna Jameson has endorsed Mitt Romney.
I'm sure he is thrilled. I'm sure his wife Ann is even more thrilled. I'm hoping to see her join him on the campaign trail, perhaps ducking down beneath the podium while he speaks, only to jump up as the applause (and maybe something else) swells, with an evil grin on her face.
This endorsement makes sense to me. It's the kind of attention Mitt deserves.
Jenna's comments are priceless, which is not surprising given the elevated nature of her intellectual abilities.
She started out innocently enough saying "When you are rich you want a republican in office." She went on to say "he's the only person who's assumed more positions than I have."
On Bain Capital: "There's nothing more American, I think, than screwing people you don't know for money."
On his recent foreign trip: "I respect someone who opens their mouth without thinking."
On his offshore accounts: "I've put my assets in plenty of foreign places.
And in summation: "Mitt Romney will do to all of America what I have already done to half of America."
This is priceless. I'm having Jenna over for dinner and a political discussion.
Clint Eastwood has endorsed Mitt Romney.
This disturbs me. President Obama has George Clooney now Mitt has Clint. I don't want to have to choose between them. I love them both as actors. Clint Eastwood is a god, so many cool movies, so many memorable characters. A large part of my life.
Actually I have no intention of boycotting Clint even though his endorsement is suspect.
His comments: "I think the country needs a boost."
A lot of people thought the "halftime in America " ad was giving a nod to President Obama. I did. Eastwood said at the time in the face of conservative criticism that he was not "politically affiliated" with the President.
More Eastwood quotes: "Now more than ever do we need Gov. Romney. I'm going to be voting for him."
Clint said he hoped Romney would restore "a decent tax system that we need badly...........so that there's a fairness and people are not pitted against one another as who's paying taxes and who isn't."
Pretty bland stuff.
Jenna knows how to wow an audience, baby.
Romney, summoning up all his creative and intellectual powers and responding in his usual highly original way said about Eastwood "He just made my day. What a guy."
Eastwood is a lifelong conservative but I assumed he was a compassionate guy who believed in fair play.
Now I think he is just another rich guy trying to stay rich.
Maybe Jenna will come out of retirement to make a movie with Clint, supporting Romney.
"Jenna, Clint and Mitt  - Hitting The Campaign Tail."

No comments:

Post a Comment