Thursday, August 16, 2012

Keeping Elvis Alive

Elvis died 35 years ago today.
Carol wore her Elvis shirt to work today. I love the shirt. It is a button down white shirt with a bold Elvis graphic across the bottom.
She does this every year and I believe she also wears it on his birthday.
She is a lifelong Elvis fan and I think that is very cool.
I was able to get tickets to a concert in 1976 or 1977 and we saw him live. It still makes me feel good to know I was able to do that for Carol.
He was overweight and his voice was not that powerful but it didn't make a bit of difference. Women were hysterical, the vibe was unreal and it was a mega event.
I looked around the theatre and tapped into the vibe as an archaeological excavator. I like E a lot but I am not a fanatic like Carol so I was detached enough to be able to absorb what was happening.
Absolutely amazing.
Artists with that kind of star power, that level of talent, exist on another plane and they put out a vibe that knocks the earth off its axis. Just a little bit.
And it never stops. His vibe was too powerful, too original to ever die. I know it is still zinging across this and many other universes as we speak, bringing smiles to the faces of any creature who comes in contact.
And I know that Elvis Aaron Presley is looking down on my lovely wife today with pride and appreciation for her infinite loyalty and her boundless joy at having his music and his legacy in her life.

No comments:

Post a Comment