Wednesday, August 8, 2012

I Am Very Excited

The Allman Brothers played in Boston last night. They did not stop by my house for dinner and a drink.
So I KNOW for a fact that they will be here tonight. I'm tidying up as we speak. Dusting, setting the table, defrosting food, cleaning the bathrooms.
Tonight is night two of their Boston run.
You have no idea how much it breaks my heart to not be able to attend. They are only 100 miles away from me. I feel their vibe, I'm picking up the tail end of conversations, magical guitar riffs and mind blowing improvisation are vibrating my house, just a little, and I hear, above all else, Gregg's bluesy, whiskey soaked, incredibly emotional voice.
Goddamn it I miss them.
I told you I have two goals this year. To get money. Lots of it. And to buy a gun.
The gun is to protect myself should President Obama be defeated, god forbid.
One of the things I will do with the money next year is attend every Allman Brothers concert that I want to attend.
There is a an outdoor venue in Colorado called Red Rocks that The Brothers play every summer. So named because it is carved into a mountain of rock that is red. The place is gorgeous and unique.
I will myself to be there next summer.
Anyway tonight will be special.
"Honey, we are having seven people over for dinner tonight. Gregg, Butch, Jaimoe, Warren, Derek, Oteil and Marc. They are polite southern boys coming over to dig NH on a warm summer night. Put the kettle on to boil, maw - we're in for beauty."
By the way, Gregg, Butch and Jaimoe are the survivors from the original six which included Duane, Berry, and Dicky. Duane and Berry are gone, Dicky got kicked out and is still rockin'.
I love The Allman Brothers Band.
Bet you didn't know that.

No comments:

Post a Comment