Sunday, August 5, 2012

Oh, I Get It

At first I was furious.
But I have had a couple of days to settle down so now I am merely intensely angry.
Another "job opportunity" with the New Hampshire State Liquor Commission gone horribly wrong.
Submitted an app for the job - closing date July 18. After two weeks of hearing nothing (not unusual) I called to see when my interview would happen. They did not even call me back.
The next day I found out the job had been filled. By a guy with much less experience than me but, since I know him, I'm sure will do a good job.
Please raise your hand - does anybody else work for an organization that does not acknowledge receipt of a job application, does not interview you, does not return your call and fills the position with a less qualified individual?
This is the second time this has happened to me.
This is the clincher, baby.
Obviously I have been identified as public enemy number 1. Not sure why.
Although it occurs to me that the higher ups have been made aware of my blog. An amusing possibility. Because I speak the truth about them and they can't handle the truth.
Blog awareness could have happened randomly. But I doubt it. I believe if they know about it, it is because somebody told them about it. If I find this to be the truth, the perpetrator will have to deal with me. You NEVER f**k with someone's ability to survive, to make money, to pay the bills.
In any event this is a clear signal that these people will never consider me for advancement. You may have seen it coming one or two interviews ago but I chalked it up to their inefficiency, cronyism and corruption.
Now I know better. Somewhere there is a white board with my name on it surrounded by flames.
The last time this happened they took a guy who was failing as manager of another store and moved him into the manager's position I had applied for. Again without interviewing me.
I'm not even sure if it is legal to solicit job applications and fill the position without interviewing applicants. I intend to find out.
So I have been beaten out by a failing manager and a guy with no management experience within the NHSLC.
This is how this organization works.
Don't take my word for it. I know you view me as a bitter employee whose judgment is clouded.
Take this into consideration.
$100,000 worth of wine "went missing" from a Portsmouth liquor store. The case has not been solved. The situation was investigated by the office of Liquor Enforcement Division who, surprisingly, failed to conclude whether the wine was stolen, improperly accounted for or was never meant to have been moved  from one liquor store to another. But they did report that the issue revealed a "disturbing, common thread" regarding liquor store operations.
The problems included poor store management, lack of senior-level accountability, inadequate supervision and retention of questionable employees.
This was reported in The Telegraph, a Portsmouth newspaper.
As a part timer, my hours have a hard limit. If I go over the limit my manager hears about it because excessive part time pay could bring the organization to its knees.
Which I guess makes sense when you consider their precarious financial position exacerbated by the loss of $100,000 worth of wine in the blink of an eye. An excess of hours at my hourly rate would truly cripple them.
A while back the three top dudes at the liquor commission were busted for using company cars for personal use. Recently one of the three commissioners "resigned" to work in the private sector. He was at the center of controversy in 2010, reprimanded but not fired, for involving himself in the investigation of a bar owner at the request of a state lawmaker who was a friend of the owner.
This commissioner was paid $91,000 in 2011.
Anyway it is clear that I have to steer my life in a new direction. Ironic because I have done everything asked of me by these bozos, essentially taking on managerial responsibility consistently for part time pay. Expecting to be rewarded.
I know. That was silly of me. I should know better.
Karma, baby. If it exists, the corrupt, immoral admin and exec employees of the NHSLC better be looking over their shoulders because there is a supernatural payback coming at them to rival Armageddon.

1 comment:

  1. NHSLC Commision: Ah don' wanna talk to you no more, you empty-headed animal food-trough wiper! I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!

    Joe: Well, is there someone else up there I could talk to?

    Commission: No! Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!

    THE NHSLC "WE MAKE MONEY...DESPITE OURSELVES"

    ReplyDelete