Thursday, August 16, 2012

Today

I am going to throw myself into today with complete and wild abandon. Attack viciously and with a purpose. A laser like focus that will cut through the bullshit and get to the core of my quest, my drive, my journey.
By the way, I used the word journey sarcastically - I have come to hate the word because it is overused. Everyone is on a journey today. People use it because it makes things sound more important than they are. Mystical, magical. People pick up code words that they think make them sound cool and they beat them to death.
Anyway.................
I am going to skip and dance and write and write and write. Feel the hot August sun and kiss my cats repeatedly.
I lean my shoulder against convention, my own misdirected status quo, as I try to change direction, and stagger directly into the headwind with teeth bared against a soundtrack of manic laughter.
I am fighting for my life.
I am fighting for my life at this late stage with everything I got.
It is 6:23 a.m. on an August morning and my brain is burning up with heat.
The heat of passion, the heat of want, the heat of commitment, the heat of friction resulting from my fight against this life.
Got a big day ahead of me and I intend to gobble it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment