Friday, December 30, 2022

12/30/2022

 I am not freaking out.

I am experiencing a strange feeling of calm. And a general feeling of good.

I have orchestrated my birthday celebration perfectly. It is exactly what I want.

Craig & Amanda, Keith & Krista, Ed & Carolina - popping over for dinner.

Carol is preparing a magnificent feast - lasagna, baby! Garlic bread. A gigantic chocolate on chocolate birthday cake. Fresh chocolate chip cookies, which Carol is famous for.

We will chow. Then play some games. Then mow dessert.

I am very happy about the way this turned out. I wanted fun above all. When the games begin, laughter will dominate. My family's laughter feeds my soul and liberates my spirit.

Randomly, we have New Year's Eve plans. Jason & Karen invited us to their place. They are good people. I am actually looking forward to that. I am all about ramping up the fun in 2023.

We'll pop over, chow, have a couple of drinks, and laughs. But we're leaving early, not staying until midnight.

We want to be home for that. Just me, Carol, Emmy Lou, and Patsy. That's the way we like it.

I am not freaking out. Not by a long shot.

I feel peace. I feel love. I feel hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment