Friday, December 2, 2022

HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (On The Way)

However..........................I truly am in the Christmas spirit.

In an emotional sense, not a sappy, meaningless sense.

It's getting to me this year, my emotions are raw and swimming at the surface, and I will make the most of it. Maybe we'll trot to downtown Concord to do Christmas shit (not shopping!!!!!!!!!!!!! Never fucking shopping).

I am even considering convincing Carol to attend a New Year's Eve event with me here in town. I really need a boost to get me over the hump of 2022 into the promise of 2023. No guarantees there though; it's a lot easier to lay around the house on New Year's Eve.

It's the music that does it for me. Here's my Christmas song list:

1) Christmas in Hollis - Run-DMC

2) Fairytale of New York - The Pogues

3) Christmas Wrapping - The Waitresses

4) The Winter Song - Angel

5) Merry Christmas, I Love You - Robert Finley

6) Happy Xmas (War Is Over) - John Lennon

7) Imagine - John Lennon - Not a Christmas song but it damn well has the Christmas spirit

And the specials that we watch. Like:

1) Love Actually: 

We already watched it! Day after Thanksgiving. It was Carol's idea to jump all over it and it was a brilliant idea. We dug it so much we decided we're going to  watch it at least 3 more times before fat Santa squeezes down the chimney.

2) A Christmas Carol with George C. Scott:           We LOVE this version. 

3) A Very Murray Christmas with Bill Murray:

This is a quirky motherfucker but we love it. I will watch this 10 times before fat Santa - no exaggeration. Once with Carol, 9 times on my own.

So there you go - Christmas is coming and I am going to fucking enjoy it.

Happy Christmas, John

Happy Christmas, Yoko

No comments:

Post a Comment