Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Consider The Possibilities

 I wake up with a smile every morning.

Did you hear what I just said? Me. The guy who has been crying in your coffee for 11 years.

WTF?

I fall out of bed, stand up, and look to the foot of the bed. To see Patsy and Emmy Lou curled up contentedly, looking back at me wondering what today will bring.

And I smile. Every single time.

That is an amazing thing. Outrageous. Exceptional.

Because I am slow moving and largely unaware, it never hit me with the force and the meaning it carried today.

I smiled at the fact that I was smiling. Holy shit, this is getting complicated.

Of course, given my dark nature, I am typically unable to use that smile as a weapon to fight back against the world as I once again skate away on the thin ice of a new day.

But I might master that trick. One never knows.

Consider the possibilities..........


No comments:

Post a Comment