Saturday, December 24, 2022

Hope? Or Chia Pet?

It's Christmas Eve.

Can you feel it? I can.

I ventured out in 10 degree weather to get me some drugs (at the pharmacy). Can't wait until I can venture out to buy marijuana in the backwards state of NH that I live in. A state that seemingly without irony sports the slogan "Live Free or Die."

As I was driving around, I was feeling Christmas Eve. The emotions are there; there is a sensitivity, a contemplative perspective, a sense that it is a different kind of day, a more meaningful kind of day.

Then I thought - "Well that is just you, Joe - there is nothing palpably different about 12/24 - it is just you being reflective."

But, you know, a lot of people are feeling it today. A lot of people are reflecting, feeling peaceful, feeling hopeful at the most hopeful time of year.

That collective emotion, the amplified hopefulness, has to have an affect on the atmosphere, the environment. The collective mood. It doesn't happen on any other day except for Christmas, and it will be there tomorrow. There is a seismic shift in the emotion that is being projected into the universe. And that shift is towards the good.

When you bleed out all the cynical jerk-offs to whom Christmas means nothing, and the materialistic and mindless fools to whom Christmas only means shopping, you are still left with a hell of a lot of people who understand that this is a time for reflection. And hope.

A tear in the fabric that allows you to get back in touch with your soul. To understand that your soul shares a great deal of similarity with every other soul in the world.

What I felt was real. It was not only in my mind.

Hopefully, that kind of magic exposes your mind to possibilities, giving you the juice to keep on trying.

If not, just go out and buy your wife a fucking Chia Pet.

No comments:

Post a Comment