Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Forbearance & Grit

In 2023 I need to cultivate the grace to forbear and the strength to persevere.

Forbear is defined as "Politely or patiently restrain an impulse to do something; refrain".

Or "Refrain from doing or using (something)".

I don't dig polite - it suggests subservience and wimpiness to me. So skip that. But I could use some patience - my raw emotions and creative nature result in impetuousness and lack of focus.

Strength to persevere - GRIT - I need this most of all.

Despite the sense of panic I exude, my brain has quieted down a bit. I am taking some positive steps this week.

I am feeling a tad confident about 2023. Throwing off the yoke of 2022 that broke my back; yeah, baby - that's the ticket. Gonna shake that motherfucker off like a flea and dance dance dance. In fact, all I wanna do is dance.

Got a lot on my mind about The Joe in 2023 - lots of ideas, plans, intentions. It's all coming together.

Here's the plan - here's how I make it work:

I'm gonna have Carol hose me down at 12:01 am on New Year's Day. I'll spend the night on the lawn - when Carol awakes I will be frozen solid.

After she enjoys her coffee and two episodes of Law & Order, I have commissioned her to take a sledghammer to me with every ounce of energy at her command.

I will shatter.

And then, using powers of my brain heretofore untapped, I will levitate broken pieces of Original Joe and reassemble myself in a new order, a new version, a stronger and more commanding variation of the old me.

I will walk forward into a new day breathing fire and flashing lightning from my eyes.

Prepare to burn.

No comments:

Post a Comment