Monday, December 26, 2022

December 26 (Raise A Fucking Glass)

Kinda sucks, doesn't it?

Christmas is dead, baby. Gone. 

I always say that vacations don't "take". In other words, vacations are exceptional until the first second back on the job. Then your life picks right up where it left off - sucking. 

You should be able to bask in the glow of your 2 week trip to Ibiza, but it doesn't work that way. 

As soon as you walk in, the bossman says "Joe - I'll need you to clean the mens' room before you sit down - Jacob has a nasty case of explosive diarrhea - grab a mop and 4 rolls of paper towels. And I'll need you to work OT tonight - I need our quarterly financial statements completed and proofed before you leave. Priscilla was scheduled to get a head start on them before you got back, but she died. Welcome back!"

Holidays work that way too. Even more dramatically.

One day of sweet enjoyment, then Blam! - back to the grind.

I have today off from work and I suspect a lot of other people do too. Unfortunately, there are a hell of a lot of people who do not have the day off - these are the people packing six shooters and Bowie knives at work.

I work two days this week, Wednesday and Friday - a total of 7 hours. I should be able to handle that. No guarantees, though.

When I get out of work on Friday, it will be My Birthday Eve Eve. Saturday will be My Birthday Eve. Sunday is My Birthday.

Holy fucking shit, kids - it is coming. Bringing along with it another new year.

2023. What the fuck is that? The years are starting to look and feel strange to me. I mean, come on - I was born in 1954. Nineteen Fucking Fifty Four.

Humans were barely starting to walk erect in 1954.

I am going to be 69. 69. 69. 69. This is getting fucking ridiculous. I don't want to be 69 and I don't want to be dead.

I want to be 40. It tells you where I am in life when forty seems like such a youthful and attractive age.

Anyway, here it comes. Here we go. My birthday. My fucking birthday.

Gotta resolve a few issues between now and Sunday.

Raise a glass to me, won't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment