Saturday, December 24, 2022

Not Sure What The Fuck To Think

We have lost our power four times in a week.

FOUR!

Last Thursday for 2 and 1/2 hours, last Friday for 2 hours, last Saturday for 7 hours, and yesterday for 4 hours.

When we first moved here we would lose power every time I sneezed. It was a royal pain in the ass, and as a city boy it had me thinking I made a big fucking mistake moving to the boonies.

Eventually it settled down, and we have gone a long time without dealing with frequent power outages. So this shit came out of the blue.

And has me worrying that this is the way this winter is going to be. If this is how it goes, I am going to lose my fucking mind. It's bad enough dealing with cold and snow on the outside, but when my house is ice cold on the inside, and we have to make judicious use of the toilet, New York City starts to look pretty fucking attractive.

In addition..................

A fucking tree came down in the front yard last night during that insane wind/rain storm. Not just a tree - a really big fucking tree. We have a bit of lawn in front of the house, and then woods. This tree was in the woods. It came down and stretched all the way across the lawn and landed with the top of the tree rubbing up against the house.

I am a city boy so I am not good with distances, but this thing had to cover 20 or 30 feet. The whole fucking tree came down.

I was at work but Carol was here. She heard the cracking sound, which apparently lasted 5 or 10 seconds, then the fucking tree came down, sounding like a major explosion.

It was dark so we could not see clearly - we thought a branch had come down from overhead and bounced off the roof.

Until I went outside this morning and saw this monster stretching across the yard.

If it was a foot taller it would have shattered the window that the top of it came to rest against. If it came down a few feet over it would have shattered our picture window. So we were lucky. I don't believe it did any damage to the house. Now we just have to figure out how to deal with the motherfucker.

Ominous: Giving the impression that something bad or unpleasant is going to happen.

Frequent lost power, and giant trees attacking my house fill me with fear of 2023. This cannot be a portent of how this new year is going to go. I don't need it.

I am trying to get this thing off on the right foot. I don't need evil gremlins sabotaging my Great Comeback.

LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE!

I am pretty good at sabotaging myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment