Thursday, January 2, 2014

Cues

I have missed a lot of cues in my life.

Things that should have sparked reaction in me, change in me, that did not because I missed them or did not react to them.

The first was my birthday.

I am sure that on January 1, 1954, my first thought was "Jesus Christ, it's cold."

Right then and there I should have started plotting and planning to put myself in a place where I could celebrate my birthday in warmth. Should have mapped out a blueprint leading me to easy going, T-shirt birthdays.

When I took my first steps I should have walked right out the door.

When Tony and Revia caught up to me on the street and asked: "Where the hell are you going?", my response should have been: "Arizona. I am walking to Arizona. Riding, if I can catch a ride. You can stay here in this snow and cold but I am getting the hell outta here."

They would have said: "Of course you are cold, you are only wearing a diaper."

My response should have been: "That's exactly my point. I am going where I can be warm wearing only a diaper. I am starting my life in this smelly thing and I'll probably be ending my life in a bigger, smelly thing. I prefer to flaunt it proudly along with my magnificent physique."

To which Tony would have responded : "I KNEW he was retarded when I saw his pointed head on 01/01/54."

The first missed cue.

No comments:

Post a Comment