Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Kissing The Chiropractor

I haven't formed a full impression of Chiro Man yet.

I have had two abbreviated sessions, in only one of which he did any manipulatin'.

I do feel comfortable with him. Mainly because he took X-rays one day and turned around the next day and gave me a detailed analysis of what's going on. Giving me the exact same information I had to beat out of Dr.Feelgood's assistant later on.

Tomorrow will be the first full chiropractic appointment. I cannot fucking wait. I am expecting miracles. Full cessation of pain.

Not really, but if he even lessens it a bit, if he provides for me hope where previously there has been none, I will kiss him right on the lips.

The only other thing I have taken away from the two visits is the "cool device" factor.

He used some kind of Ghostbusters thing on the first visit, rolling it up my spine and feeding etch a sketch info to a screen in front of me.

On the second visit he used a tiny jack hammer to manipulate my vertebrae. It beeped when the vertebrae moved.

Pretty cool.

It did provide relief. Not from the pain, but I could turn my head a lot easier, which is huge.

Right now the range of motion for my hat rack of a head (description courtesy of my Dad) is quite limited. And when I turn it I can hear crunching in the neck. Tip my head back and I will get a snap, like a cracked knuckle, almost every time.

Very weird and somewhat disconcerting.

So I think I am going to like his tools.

I can't help but think of Jack Nicholson, playing The Joker, in Batman, marveling at all of Batman's tricks. Saying, in typical Nicholson fashion,

"Where does he get all those wonderful toys?"

No comments:

Post a Comment