Friday, January 17, 2014

The Strangest Thing

The strangest thing just happened, Mamacita.

Popped Big Bad Voodoo Daddy into the iPod projector and began to wash the dishes. Suddenly my ass and legs slipped right out from underneath me and danced their way into the dining area. Boogieing to beat the band.

I was astonished. I watched in disbelief but pure understanding as my lower body gyrated in ecstasy to this incredible band. I mean my ass and legs were kicking up a rumble like no man's business.

Half of me put on quite a show. Then again I have always known that, with my enormous talent, half of me can out-show all of you on any given day.

My upper torso stayed put with a sense of commitment. The dishes got washed.

As I dried my hands the upper body waltzed over to Mr. Ass & Legs, reconnected, and the next thing I knew I was dancing in the living room.

Fluidly. With abandon.

By this time both Maka and Lakota got into the groove, the vibe of the whole thing, and stood up on their hind paws while clapping their front paws rhythmically.

Sunshine streaming through the picture window got rhythm. At first I though trees were swaying in the breeze. Then I realized that sun beams were dancing. Twirling. Cutting and juking, swirling and moving.

And smiling.

I'm telling you, man. That was a moment. A moment in time.

Magical musical moment that brought heat and light and life into my day.

Don't get no better than that.


No comments:

Post a Comment