Wednesday, March 7, 2012

0 For 6

"Dear Mr. Testa,

Thank you for your interest in employment with the NH State Liquor Commission. You were among a pool of highly qualified and specialized candidates, and your educational background and experience made you a strong candidate for the Retail Store Manager II, for store #64, New London.  However, at this time the Commission has made the decision to cancel recruitment for this position. 

Again, thank you for your interest, and I wish you every success in your job search."

Apparently the idea of giving me a full time job within the NHSLC is so odious to these boneheads that if I apply for a job they are forced to "cancel recruitment." I bathe, I apply deodorant. I don't know what the problem is. You wish me every success? Are you serious? You have to explain the rules to me before I succeed, asshead. But then again, if you did that I would have the inside scoop on corruption and inefficiency and you would be up on the cross.

Here's the rejection letter for the other semi-manager's job:

"Thank you for interest in the Retail Store Manager II position with the New Hampshire Liquor Commission at Store #66, Hooksett.  You were among a pool of highly qualified and specialized candidates, and your educational background and experience made you a strong candidate for this position.  At this time we have made the decision to offer the position to another candidate who we felt was best matched to our particular needs at this time.
Per our discussion, you interviewed well, and you were the second highest scoring candidate for  the position.
We would like to thank you for your interest in this position and for taking the time to interview with us. We wish you continued success in your career."

What I like best about this one is that only three people interviewed for this position. And I was "the second highest scoring candidate for the position." This is supposed to comfort me? Let me tell you something. In a three person race there is First Place and Loser Hell. There is no in between, there is no almost, no nice try.
They wish me continued success in my career. What success? What career? That's like wishing a lifetime .204 hitter continued success at the plate.

For those keeping score, I am 0 for 3 on interviews that I actually physically participated in, and 0 for 3 on phantom interviews.

This organization is a hellish nightmare. It is actually fraudulent to use the word organization to describe them. As a part time employee, they goad you to try to inspire loyalty, commitment and enthusiasm. Take on more work. Take on more responsibility. Learn how to interview in the NHSLC way, which means spewing endless words because they like quantity, not quality. Your reward will be no more pay, no more security, no more respect, no full time employment.

Have they forgotten that we are equipped with box cutters?

No comments:

Post a Comment