Friday, March 9, 2012

They Make Me Wait

Hope springs eternal when it’s posted on the wall,

and they invite me in, cats with a mouse.

The game is played but the outcome’s rigged.

It’s only a game to them.

The shaking of hands, forced smiles, do the dance and sit down.

The questions come, the questions go, the answers flow,

all in a vacuum.

Nothing leaves that room because there was nothing there to begin with.

And they make me wait.

Eventually, the letter, the E-mail, the disappointment, the lie.

Nothing was ever considered.

Crank the machine up and dance the dance again.

They excel at underestimation,

counting on eternal desperation.

Pompous asses.

They have made me stronger, they have made me angry.

My path, suddenly, is clearly defined and I’m already moving.

They will not make me wait again.

No comments:

Post a Comment