Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Condescension, Part 4

Crank it up, kids here we go again. Got the call this morning.

Job "interview" on Thursday at 11:00. That means the job application has morphed from imaginary to mock real. This means I have to get all gussied up in a shirt and tie and suit jacket and dress pants and dress shoes again to perform ("interview") for a job where I crawl around on my hands and knees at times or work up a sweat humping cases of booze around.
The Games People Play.
The HR Maven called this morning and said "You applied for blah blah blah job and I am calling to schedule your "interview". Do you have a pen and paper handy?"
Apparently she thinks without immediately writing it down that after I hang up I will forget the words "Thursday 11:00" in the five seconds it takes to walk over to the counter.
THEN she tells me the "interview" is at HQ and asks me if I know where that is. I wanted to say "are you kidding me? I have been here for three "interviews" already, asshead, and you know it."
This is why I hate these people. Condescension Supreme.
Now I can hear my wife saying "She was only trying to help you." I guarantee you if she was scheduling an interview for an executive she would not ask "Do you have a pen and paper handy?"
I was watching a TV sports radio talk show broadcast on ESPN while chowing my breakfast this morning and the guy was defending Sean Payton. Not saying that he was right, just saying that in the future he will still be in demand and he should be. Then he said "Employers should look for really good people who are damaged; they are extra motivated." I thought WOW that is me to perfection. Ain't nobody more damaged than me and a lot of that damage has been inflicted by the honorable NHSLC. I might write the word DAMAGED in black magic marker on my forehead for the "interview".
Anyway I'm not sure which Joe will show up for this interview. After the second "interview"  they told me I was too stiff so the third time around I was consciously loose, which got me nowhere.
Maybe I'll fluctuate between stiff and loose on every other question. Kind of bounce back and forth between Spock and Robin Williams.
I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

  1. " SOMETIMES A LITTLE BRAIN DAMAGE CAN HELP" GEORGE CARLIN......

    ReplyDelete