Thursday, November 17, 2022

I Bought a Horse

I want to gallop into 2023. Establish momentum.

Yesterday was a shitty, rainy, snowy, November day. So I brought the horse into the house.

Set him up in the living room, although it is hard to keep him contained. He is a large animal.

I try to keep him on the left side of the living room so he doesn't block the TV. We are americans. We cannot survive without TV. But he is antsy and mobile. He pretty much goes where he wants to go.

Which is OK with me because he is gentle, pretty, and graceful.

I named him Big Fella.

Emmy Lou and Patsy get along with him very well. After the initial "getting to know each other" phase (which was frightening, trying to keep his hooves from crushing them), they are now best friends.

Big Fella takes them for rides. Sometimes individually, sometimes together.

They have learned to jump up on his back and snuggle in to his mane. Then he saunters into the kitchen and back to the living room.

It is cute as hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment