Thursday, November 24, 2022

Thanksgiving. Carol's Birthday. Christmas. My Birthday.

The Golden Time of the year. A magical run.

This is when joy happens.

Thanksgiving kicks it all off. Today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Cannot wait.

Thanksgiving is like a goddamn religious holiday in this house. We do it right. Got the right attitude about it. Our favorite day of the year. Keith and Craig feel that way too, which makes me and Carol happy.

Food, football, conversation and laughter. And underneath all that, I believe we all have a healthy sense of gratitude for how amazing this family is. That is what truly makes this day.

Carol's birthday. She will be 69. What can I say about this woman. This woman who treated our sons like the precious life forms that they are. Protected them, took care of them, laughed with them, taught them, and allowed them to be themselves.

This woman who has put up with my weaknesses and consistent underachievement for coming up on 45 years. I don't know why, but I am thankful that she has. I never would have survived without her love.

Christmas. Christmas is hit or miss with me. This year is hit. I am already emotionally invested in it, listening to Christmas songs, digging on the vibe. Because I myself am in a radically, emotionally vulnerable state of mind. Christmas will shine this year, baby.

My birthday. I will be 69. Big fucking deal every year. Because I am sensitive. Introspective. Because I am fully aware that my life is slipping away even though I do nothing to save it. I lean on Duane Allman's words every January 1 for inspiration. But I never truly take them to heart.

On January 1, 2023, once again, my intentions will be pure.

Four stepping stones to happiness. Each one a joy in and of itself. Hopefully, collectively building to a tidal wave of contentment to kick off a new year.

New Year. Magical words.

The perfect definition of hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment