Thursday, November 17, 2022

We Got One!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Somebody made an offer on the house.

A reasonable, bone fide offer in writing and everything. 

We accepted the offer.

Came out of fucking left field.

Our realtor called on Monday, he came by with another realtor on Tuesday representing a woman in California (who used to live around here), we got the offer Tuesday night, signed the paperwork on Wednesday and revved up the engine.

I never expected this to happen. Never. This house sways back and forth in 10 mph winds.

Naturally I remain realistic. 1,000 things can go wrong between now and the deadlines that have been set.

Ebenezer Scrooge - "Make sure that a check for the entire amount is deposited with my clerk. I don't ship until I have the cash in hand."

Me: "I will believe this is real on the second that we close and not one second before."

I have been banking on reeling in an unsuspecting rube. I don't know if this woman is an unsuspecting rube; I can only hope. Or.............maybe she has an emotional attachment to this area that will override logic.

This is the first step in a 20,000 mile trip.

But it is more real than I ever thought possible.

Which is a lot more than I can say about my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment